Thursday, February 03, 2011

Toronto Winterlicious - Sassafraz

One of my guilty pleasures every winter and summer is having a fantabulous lunch during _licious at a restaurant that may be a bit out of my price range on regular basis.
This winter the ladies and I chose the beautiful Sassafraz restaurant.
Winterlicious Lunch at Sassafraz
We had beautiful food and I annoyed my friends by practicing my newly learned photography skills.

When the food is this good, I believe it is time for less talk and more pictures!

For this carb free (almost carb free) girl the bread was divine
Winterlicious Lunch at Sassafraz

and bread does not go without butter

Winterlicious Lunch at Sassafraz

Appetizer of Smoked Salmon Carpaccio with Pommery Mustard Mousse,
Preserved Lemon and Caramelized Onion

Winterlicious Lunch at Sassafraz

Followed by Cod Cakes with Andouille Sausage, Watercress Salad and Bell Pepper Remoulade

Winterlicious Lunch at Sassafraz

and I finished with Chocolate Pave with Passionfruit Sherbet and Rosewater Gelee

Winterlicious Lunch at Sassafraz

To summarize it was YUMMOOO.

For more pictures head over to my FLICKR

A special mention goes to the Porcini Mushroom Tortellini with Sorrel Pesto Cream Sauce and Braised Red Onions, of which I only had a few tiny bites but my heart was lost to it.

Winterlicious Lunch at Sassafraz

No comments: