Sunday, November 05, 2006

wearing silver star


wearing silver star
Originally uploaded by iva_o.
hmmmmm I am getting over my on-line shyness and posting a photo of myself. I was told that I should show how my pendants look on a person, so here I am wearing my favorite so far 'Silver Star' . I have already sold a custom pendant, after showing my beach one in the 'Red' chat room over at Etsy, I received a custom order for a different colour.
This photo is perhaps going to go towards my Self Image series, when I gather up the courage to paint myself.
Paul is away for the weekend I had the house to myself. I went to a craft fair yesterday. Apart from the 'one stroke' painters and the duplicate ‘shinning- light –bow wrapped- presents’, that 3 tables had and were complaining that others had them as well, only the candles caught my eye. I am sorry but if you see something and then copy it, chances are that others have seen it too and are copying it. Why complain that someone else is stealing your idea when you stole it yourself. I didn’t bring any money because I am beyond broke, I would have spent too much on candles.
The sellers were very boring, nobody really talked to customers, they just chatted amongst themselves. Really, if you want to sell to your friend fine, but if you are selling to me I want to be talked to.
In my rebellion that Paul was not home, but camping in Algonquin park,( yes minus how many degrees, no comment) I rented two movies "Friends with Money" and "The breakup". Don't watch the first one nothing happened, do watch the second one I really recommend it. If you are a couple make your man watch it, I will make Paul watch it as revenge. For a guy there is a lot to learn from the movie, girls we already know all that stuff, but it might open his eyes a bit.
Now I am going to read a bit more and then try to paint a bit. I am going to list a custom pet portrait in my store tomorrow, I am a bit nervous since I can't paint on demand but I have to learn.

No comments: