Tuesday, April 24, 2007

'Self Reflection'


"Self Reflection"
Originally uploaded by iva_o.
The new 12x12 inch painting I was talking about. I think this is the first piece to go in my 'portfolio' !!! I want to do 2 more similar images.
But sadly I don't have 12x12 inch canvas
Anyways, this is a look back to once upon a time (7 years ago) in high school when we had to do a self portrait stencil type thing. Mine was awful together with all of my self portrait work. I wanted to play with it again. This image has been burning to come out for a while and for once I am happy about a self portrait. Darker is better for me right now, I like that I can leave the 'happy go lucky' art.
I really need to create work that is a reflection of where I am right now in my life and how I feel.
Opinions. Comments. Suggestions are most welcome

No comments: