Friday, November 02, 2007

Algonquin


"Algonquin" block WIP
Originally uploaded by iva_o.
I was bad this week and instead of studying I worked on art.
I sketched this block and just had to start carving it. It is larger than 8x10 inches and so far I have done some partial prints that you can see here
"Patience"
"Changes"

The inspiration behind is my trip to Algonquin at the end of August. Beautiful trees.
Last weekend I did buy some new papers that I have to cut up and play with. The hardest part of printmaking for me is cutting the paper. I am not a straight even lines kind of kid and I manage to get all kinds of funky pieces. But it has to be done.
This weekend the plan is to actually sleep and study and work on more art. I really would love to have a few 'portfolio' pieces both prints and paintings. I have to start contacting galleries. I really really have to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That doesn't mean your bad. Working on art is studying...just in a different way. Anyway, I REALLY LOVE the texture in this one! Outstanding! *HUGS*

IvaArt said...

Thank you very much Angela ;)