Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Acorn Necklace


Acorn Necklace
Originally uploaded by iva_o.
A little gift to myself from myself.
When I was little my Grandfather used to take all 3 kids for hikes in the local woods. We always collected acorns. We had bags of them. Sadly my Grandfather passed way 7 years ago and I miss him dearly. Whenever I am sad and unhappy about life I usually see an acorn somewhere: On a tree, on the ground or in a picture. I know that it is him telling me life will be ok.
I asked tigerlillyshopto create a little acorn for me after seeing some of her other pieces. I simply love it and now I can wear the memory of my grandfather around my neck.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Such a cute necklace and a really sweet story. : )

IvaArt said...

I love love it

Anonymous said...

sorry, I don't know you, but I saw your photo and also wear a golden acorn necklace, and thought you might enjoy this tid bit from JM Barrie's Peter Pan.

When Peter Pan and Wendy Darling meet in the nursery, Wendy offers to give Peter a kiss. He holds out his hand, and to be polite, she gives him a thimble. He then gives her a kiss in exchange, an acorn. She puts it on a chain and wears it around her neck. Then, when she arrives in the Neverland the lost boys try to shoot her down, and Tootles succeeds. Luckily, she is wearing Peter's kiss, the acorn, around her neck and it blocks the arrow.
that's why I wear an acorn necklace

IvaArt said...

Wow! Thank you very much for sharing!

Unknown said...

A Touching Story. May your grandfather rest in peace. I love the acron necklace. I just love Peter Pan. The book is just full of imaginative!

I love the necklace.