Sunday, August 12, 2007

The art show....


The art show
Originally uploaded by iva_o.
What a great day! Friday after a long day at work I managed to leave early. Soon after I got home we had to leave to get to Downtown in order to see the art show at AWOL Gallery
When we finally arrived there after battling traffic, we managed to find Free parking near the one and only The Paper Place!
Paul was not too happy to spend a long and I mean long time in there with me, considering it was already 7pm and we were hungry. I came out with a fat $20 scrap pack of papers.
We walked for a while to go to Prague Emporium where we were hoping to get dinner. Unfortunately when we got there they had just closed. We walked back, Paul huffing and puffing for not getting his Czech dinner.
We found the gallery and there was a huge and I mean Huge line up outside. This is a show of 1100 art pieces and over 500 artists, probably all there. Click on the link under the image to see more photos.
In hopes to get a shorter line up later on we decided to have dinner at a Thai restaurant, by which the line was passing. I had tried Pat Thai (sp?) the other week and wanted to have it again. Paul had a huge plate of sizzling meat. Yum.
The line was even longer when we were ready to go.
Once inside I quickly spotted one of my paintings and then Paul found the other. I was really excited to see what people come up with when the only restriction is size. Amazing work.
Yesterday was spent sleeping, applying for the Certified Management Accounting program, yes back to school for me, correspondence for 7 months and lounging by the pool.
Today we finally left for our hike to find that the rain had just started. Unfortunately 30 minutes into our drive Paul started to feel sick and we had to turn around. Now on this rainy day, I think I am going to start a mixed media piece that has been circling inside my head for a while.

No comments: