Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Degree and life


The Degree
Originally uploaded by iva_o.
Yes I finally have it my hands! Isn't it beautiful? This is what 4 years, well 5 because I did the internship for a year, amounts to. A $40,000 piece of paper in a $200 frame. I wanted to get this frame for a long time for the Degree. I had a feeling that I had seen it for $40, then $80 and now $160, but the lady said that prices will be going up and they have not changed since 2 years ago. I love it and Paul 'bought' it for me, but really both of both it since we are joint financially now. The ceremony was on Monday and jump over to my Flickr for more photos (click under the photo).
I just finished my first 2 weeks at work and survived. The half hour drive is ok in the mornings but bad in the afternoon because there is a ton of traffic. Yesterday there were Tornado warnings while I was stuck on the highway. A little bit scary. When a large amount of dust is picked up and everything goes black with no feeling of wind, you kind of wonder where you are.
This is the first time that I had bad weather while driving and it was ok. I don’t know about the winter time, my poor Echo might not be able to keep me safe in bad snow. We might look at getting a new car, hmmm Mazda 3 GT ;p But we shall see how the finances are. So far I have to wait until next Friday to get paid and I have no money and no access to any until then.
I haven't had much time for My Etsy shop it has been doing ok on it's own but I would like to take the weekend a work on a few new things for it, that is if I find energy and inspiration.
Now that I am a bit more used to my schedule I hope to get back into the blog, art and life groove again.

No comments: