Sunday, June 10, 2007

Learning

You have to realize that I do not know anything about website hosting etc.
Paul decided to create a website for his business and my task was to register his domain name and to find hosting. I send out e-mails and convos to online friends to find out which sites they used and how they liked it. After comparing them I settled on Powerweb , because it seamed to be the cheapest with the most space.
Today I registered it and paid. Ok this was the easy part, now what. After fooling around for the longest time I finally figured out how to upload it with the help of the service desk. I managed to delete one of the root directories in the process and they fixed it.
I uploaded the many pages that Paul has created grrr, but the images where not showing. I uploaded the images. After looking and looking the HTML I figured out that he had created files and subfiles for himself to be organized but those did not actually get uploaded just the individual files. So now I am going through HTML line by line and fixing the image links.
Check it out Match Point Designs I am still working on some of the pages.

Now my goal is to figure out a way to register MY art site and have it hosted in the same account as his website, I don't know if that is possible at all, but if anybody knows please let me know.Perhaps have it so that if someone types in my domain it goes to a different site.

No comments: